Tuesday, July 6, 2010

oh hi there.


well, like every other chick and her laptop, this is something I've been meaning to do for a while and when I finally came up with a silly name, I could make no more excuses!

Gastrono-Bree is primarily a food and cooking blog where I want to document those everyday (and not-so-everyday) culinary adventures. I love developing new recipes, reverse engineering amazing things I eat in restaurants and generally getting a bit creative with the whole thing. Also - I have recently quit smoking and find myself with a lot of extra energy to pour into projects (not to mention slowly recovering senses of taste and smell!!! (like pears! have you smelt the pears this year??? i'm serious. i leave a pear on my desk at work just to smell periodically throughout the day.. anyhoo, where were we?)

I buy fruit, veges and other produce at my local farmers markets every weekend, trying to stick with local and seasonal stuff that's not too expensive, but this isn't a hard and fast rule.

Like most people, I still find myself at the supermarket a few times a week, but i don't find myself as passionate about what i buy somehow :) Its as if the things i choose at the markets hold more weight/significance? I remember what i've bought and plan ways to use it throughout the week ('what will i do with that purple sweet potato? roast in duck fat with kipflers and a pork chop? or maybe a dandelion/watercress salad') whereas the plastic wrapped iceberg lettuce turns to brown gel in the bottom of the fridge. know what i mean? sometimes the food will be stupidly simple, sometimes, obsessively complex and sometimes it will be unashamedly trashy but hopefully always real, satisfying and happy :)

1 comment:

  1. Miss Bree, this is wonderful, I can't wait to try some of these recipes! Love ya work

    ReplyDelete